Tuesday 19 October 2010

My First Recipe


As I mentioned last week, the first recipe I ever engaged with in a creative manner was that for a creamy pasta sauce.
It's the perfect base sauce for pretty much anything and I've stuck with the same general idea for the last 21 or so years. I'm not gonna pretend I've got a perfect memory (actually if I didn't have Manuel to remind me to send emails to people I probably would forget about most of them) and tell you how amazing it was and stuff, but I do remember the feeling of this piece of paper, on which my dad had recorded my recipe for future generations, being 'mine' and boy was I proud of that :)

Little Katharina's Pasta Sauce :)
100gr Cream cheese
100ml Cream
1/4-1/2 Vegetable stock cube
Some water
Salt
Pepper
Nutmeg

Over a medium heat, stir the cream cheese into a saucepan with some water and the cream. Wait until the cream cheese has dissolved into the liquid and then add the stock cube and wait for the mix to thicken a bit.
Season with salt pepper and don't forget the nutmeg (I stole the nutmeg grater that I used for that from my mum, it's the best nutmeg grater on this planet, if I start hallucinating one day it's not my fault it will be the amazing nutmeg grater's fault).
Done :)
What did you expect? I was 4 or so, nothing fancy....but sooooo good!
You could also add some white wine but I wasn't that into wine back in the days :)

Something that's even nicer though is if you make some tomato sauce and then add both to your pasta (so much better than the readymade stuff).
Or you could just add some fresh peas like I did when I took the photo (there was definitely wine in that version).

Anyhow, what is the first recipe you remember cooking or writing down?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...