Thursday 7 October 2010

Chicken Fingers


So as I said I have given myself the challenge to start cooking meat. I can't say it's making me a happier person but I am really noticing a difference when I go spinning. So let's see how long I can keep this up.
Yesterday I made these lovely chicken fingers (they're based on David Kirsch's Sesame Chicken Fingers) and believe it or not they were absolutely gorgeous and I didn't want to kill anyone while making them...I guess that's a start :)

Chicken Fingers
1/4 tsp Soy sauce
1/4 tsp Mustard (I used German mustard because that's what I had but Dijon is what the recipe suggested)
1 tsp Water
1 tsp Turmeric
1 Chicken breast (mine was 115 gr.)
1 tbsp Sesame seeds

Mix the soy sauce, mustard, water and turmeric in a bowl, then cut your chicken breast into 4 or 5 strips, and coat them with the paste (closing your eyes and pretending you're in art class and working with some seriously dodgy clay got me through this experience), leave them in the bowl, cover in cling film and stick it into the fridge to marinate for about an hour.
After an hour of watching TV (aehmmm...reading a very important paper...) :) come back and heat your oven to 180 degrees.
Coat the chicken fingers in the sesame seeds and put them into a non-stick baking tin. Once the oven is nice and hot, stick them in for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Enjoy with a fresh green salad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...