Sunday 22 May 2011

Five Leaves

I am trying to ignore the fact that I am already knee-deep in my work again so I thought to entertain you and to keep the denial going for a few more minutes I could share some more photos of our food-adventures in New York with you.
Just around the corner from where we were staying in Greenpoint there is a restaurant called Five Leaves. The main introduction my sister gave me was 'this used to be Heath Ledger's restaurant'.
I must admit since I am trying to forget my past as a teenager when he was my movie-star crush I nearly didn't want to go to the restaurant after all but then everyone started telling us about their burger (with beetroot, grilled pineapple, fried egg, and horseradish mayo) so we went anyway. But since I was trying to be all cool and grown-up ;) I left my camera at home - big mistake - I had one of the best burgers I've had in my life and I don't even have a picture to show you how amazing it looked (because it tasted about as amazing as it looked).
So what else would two Katharinas on a holiday do other than come back a couple of days later to have breakfast there?


if you are worried you might be tired at some point in the coming week, this is the perfect cortado for you

© Katharina Schäfer
 soo not posing...

© Katharina Schäfer

but then the food arrived


© Katharina Schäfer

and had to be drenched in maple syrup

© Katharina Schäfer

© Katharina Schäfer

this requires concentration, you know...

Anyhow, if you want to have some seriously good food (and want to feel incredibly unstylish compared to everyone else in there) then this is the place to go :)
Oh, and no, they didn't pay me to write about them or give me free food.

1 comment:

  1. Mhhh... after reading your Text and looking at the pics ... I want to go back!! Thanks for a wonderful holiday and introducing me to so much nice food- especially bubbletea....hdl katha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...