Monday 2 May 2011

Peanut Butter & Coconut Quick Bread


Jenna at Eat, Live, Run made a peanut butter sandwich bread a while back and I was itching to give it a go.
So when I realized that I could hold the mixing bowl between my knees and that I could hold the electric mixer with my right hand I was completely sold (you know, sometimes it's little things like this...)
I might have been smiling like a lunatic while making it but who cares, I got to bake again!
Anyhow, I used mostly coconut milk because I was too lazy to run to the store to get some more milk. The coconut brings out the peanut flavour in a lovely way and it makes the bread taste really creamy, but I'm sure using just milk would have given me a loaf just as nice.

Peanut Butter & Coconut Quick Bread
3/4 cup Peanut Butter (I used chunky)
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Milk
1 cup Coconut Milk
2 cups Flour
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Baking Powder

Preheat your oven to 175˚C and grease a loaf tin.
Mix the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl.
In a second bowl, cream together the peanut butter and the sugar.
Add the dry mix and the coconut and normal milks, alternating as you go along.
Pour the batter into the tin and stick it into the oven. Give the bread about an hour, then look at it in adoration (you should be able to get it out of the tin after about 10 minutes).
Let it cool a bit further (now I would like to be able to say that I resisted until it was properly cooled, but no, we had out first slices while they were still warm).
This bread is nice on it's own, or with some butter, or some cream cheese, or some nutella, or some mascarpone, or some jam, or...actually, I haven't tried anything else, but any of these are amazing in their own way :)
I hope you have a good week and I will be back with some photos at some point soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...