Saturday 27 November 2010

Sautéed Spinach with Pomegranate Seeds


I made this for the Thanksgiving meal at Alex's place on Thursday. The only guideline I had been given was 'something green, vegetarian, and awesome' so no pressure whatsoever :)
I decided to make some sautéed spinach because you can't go wrong with spinach and I've been having this craving for food that reminds me of my favourite Syrian restaurant (which is unfortunately very closed these days, which makes me very sad) so I thought adding some pomegranate seeds (I know it's a tiny bit early for them but I couldn't wait any longer) would do the trick.
It worked really well with the venison Rich and Alex made (which was so nice I nearly had to cry, ok I haven't really had much nice food in a while) but it would also be nice with a curry I think.

Sautéed Spinach with Pomegranate Seeds

500g Spinach
2 Pomegranates
3 Garlic Cloves
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Wash the spinach and deseed the pomegranates. Thinly slice the garlic.
Heat some olive oil in a heavy bottomed pot over a medium high heat.
Add the garlic and wait until it fills your kitchen with its delicious scent.
Add the spinach in several batches (wait for the previous one to wilt down a bit. Once the spinach has shrunken down to manageable proportions give it another 1 or 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat, season lightly (you really don't need much here, you don't want the salt or pepper to overpower the pomegranates) and mix in the pomegranate seeds.
Enjoy with way too much lovely food :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...