Saturday 10 July 2010

Rhubarb Juice



I don't feel like food today so you get a juice recipe :)
When I discovered that we have rhubarb in our garden a couple of weeks ago I didn't quite know what to do with it. I had just made the rhubarb tartlets and was still eating the leftovers of the raspberry and rhubarb compote. But then I remembered a rhubarb juice that I had a few years back and how refreshing it had been.
Since making this I have come across another rhubarb juice in Silvena Rowe's 'Purple Citrus & Sweet Perfume' which had some cinnamon added (which sounds absolutely glorious to me).
The recipe below should make about 500ml juice.

Rhubarb Juice
400g Rhubarb cut into 2cm pieces
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 4 oranges
Zest of 1 orange
100ml Water
1-2 tbsp Sugar

Put the rhubarb, the juice, the zest and the water into a heavy bottomed pan, bring to the boil, give it a few minutes until the rhubarb looks like it's starting to fall apart.
Remove from the heat, add the sugar, and let it cool down (or just leave it for a couple of hours and do something productive).
Strain the juice and enjoy it with some soda water or some tonic water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...