Sunday 15 July 2012

Watermelon & Cucumber Salad


I told you - I'm into watermelon right now.
When I was little I would only eat watermelon. I remember sitting out on the front steps talking to my neighbour about which types of fruit we liked and wondering why on earth anyone could like honeydew melon. Luckily that has changed (you need a vehicle for all that parma ham) but I still have a soft spot for watermelon.
So, today we'll be making a salad. It's really quick, really refreshing and is really lovely for dinner on a balmy summer evening.

Watermelon & Cucumber Salad (for 1 person)
100g Cucumbers (I used those really thin ones that look like mutant cornichons & taste of cucumber rather than water)
100g Watermelon
1 tsp Lime Juice (lemon works just as well, though)
1 tsp Condimento Bianco
1 tsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Some Mint Leaves (I used strawberry and ginger mint but normal mint will work just as well)
Some Basil Leaves

Cut the cucumber into £1 coin slices and the watermelon into 1.5cm cubes.
Mix with the lime juice, vinegar and olive oil.
Season with the salt and pepper and sprinkle with the leaves.

See, that was easy!

2 comments:

  1. (rest of the recipe)

    Put in a jug.
    Add Pimms.
    Wear pink hat.
    Pretend you are the queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a pink hat....but I do like the Pimms idea...a lot!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...