Sunday 17 July 2011

Taste of Edinburgh

A few weeks back Anna and I got some super cheap tickets for Taste of Edinburgh and I thought I could share some of the photos we took with you. We had an absolute blast, starting our outing with some homemade meatball sandwiches on the train (that recipe will pop up at some point but needs some more tweaking beforehand) and then basically ate our way through the Meadows in Edinburgh.

©Anna Blanch

Oh, and I obviously had to get my photo taken next to the awesome magenta fork :)

I must admit I was a bit disappointed with the cooking 'shows' they put on and the interviews with some of the professionals they had there. And I might have raised my voice a bit too much when I realised the cupcake papers everyone was fawning over were more expensive at the show than when I bought the same ones in New York in May (I think the thing that got me was that it was a British company) - oops. Anyhow, I got to spend the evening with Anna and eat some amazing food. Here are some of my favourite impressions

We got some cannoli from Silver and Green



Then we had a kebab thing and a mushroom risotto that blew my mind



I want my own prosecco truck (I don't even like prosecco, but I think the truck was awesome!)


Have you been to a food fair recently and if so, what were your impressions?

Note: Thank you Alex for finding the typo - I should stop writing things at night....

1 comment:

  1. I went to one in Nottingham and had an amazing Malaysian curry, a very nice Greek dish and the most amazing Ice cream from a local dairy farm (no preservatives etc).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...