Sunday 25 April 2010

Indoor Picknic


No recipe this time, but lots of previews for recipes :)
It was my birthday a while ago but since I seem to spend more time away from St Andrews than here I never had a chance to have a party. Anyhow, since I'm obviously living in the wrong country temperature-wise I decided to have a 1950s themed picknic in my flat....
I was thinking that what I'll do over the next few weeks I'll add some of the recipes of the cakes I made but will give you a taster of what's to come....

We had some Margarita-Syrup Cake....then we had Red Velvet Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting (so the white ones at the front)....Vanilla and Rosewater Cupcakes with a Blueberry-Cream-Cheese Frosting (the pink ones)

And then we had some amazingly amazing Trifle (at the very back). I think I was most amazed by the Trifle because I realized I had never made custard from scratch (and let me just say I'm a convert) why do people use custard powder???? It takes just as long as making it from scratch and the difference in flavour is incredible.

Anyhow...recipes will follow when I get around to it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...