Wednesday 11 August 2010

Fancy Chips and Cheese for Anna


Today's recipe is for my absolutely fabulous friend Anna.
Anna has been asking me for a relatively cow's milk free recipe for a cheesy sauce for a while so today's take on a guilty pleasure of mine is made with  some soft chèvre and some parmesan (which can obviously be replaced with a hard goats cheese).

Fancy Chips and Cheese
A handful potatoes and 1-2 beets (uncooked) per person. I used 3 baby potatoes and 2 beets for myself and it was slightly on the excessive side of things.
Some olive oil (don't overdo it, you can always add more later)

Peel the potatoes and the beets, cop them into wedges, toss them in some olive oil and grill/bake them until they're all nice and crispy (my mum's oven has this amazing grill/fan setting which is perfect for this!).

The following measurements for the sauce are enough for 3 portions (my leftovers went onto a pizza last night, recipe to follow):

150g Soft chèvre (the kinda stuff that's the consistency of Philadelphia)
75ml Water
1/2 Stock cube
A dash of white wine
2 tsp Cornstarch or something else that will bind the sauce
2 tbsp Parmesan or other hard cheese


Put the cheese into a saucepan, add the water, and the stock cube, put onto a medium heat and stir until the cheese has dissolved. Add the wine, stir and add the starch whichever way you have to add the stuff you're using. I used some stuff from Mondamin which you add straight to the pot (oh the sheer lazyness!!!! I had forgotten such wonderful convenience products existed until I was rummaging through my mum's pantry in the hope of finding some cornstarch).
Anyhow, back to the sauce, keep it bubbling for a few minutes and then add the parmesan and season.
Pour the cheesy sauce over the potatoes and beets and enjoy the sheer unhealthiness of what you're about to eat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...